Coconut is a versatile fruit that is used for food, cosmetics, natural resources, household, medicines, and even crafts. They are very cost-effective, easily available, and are natural. Coconut derivatives refer to various products that are extracted or derived from coconuts and have high commercial value. In today’s technology-driven world, the demand for coconut derivatives is rising persistently from two of the fastest-growing sectors, namely, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. The most popular derivatives consist of coconut water, coconut milk, and coconut oil. However, coconut sugar and coconut flour are gradually being used in numerous parts of the world.
What are the Benefits of Using Coconut Derivatives?
- Coconut water: It is an excellent source of vitamins, antioxidants, sugar, minerals, and fiber. Therefore, it has become a popular sports drink nowadays that doesn’t fail to provide the player with abundant endurance, hydration, and energy. It further aids in restoring the electrolyte imbalances that are caused by vigorous exercising, vomiting, or diarrhea. It is also utilized for replacing the lost fluids in the body during malaria, kidney stones, typhoid, and influenza.
- Coconut oil: It improves skin tone, age spots, and elasticity. It reduces the dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines under the eyes. It also stabilizes insulin production and controls blood sugar levels. It is often used to treat vaginal dryness and hot flushes during the menopause phase and prevents hormonal
- Coconut milk: It is derived from the meat or flesh of the coconut and possesses high saturated fat content. It is used in preparing multiple seafood dishes as well as in baking processes instead of animal fat. Researchers have found that coconut milk contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are associated with weight loss. MCTs work to reduce the size of the waist as well as body weight.
- Coconut sugar: At present, coconut sugar is enjoying its boom in consumption and popularity. It includes sodium, magnesium, and potassium which are very crucial for maintaining a person’s water content in the body as well as muscle, heart, and nerve functions. Besides, it consists of only 75 percent of sucrose while the other 25 percent is made up of fiber and nutrients.
- Coconut flour: It is a great alternative to wheat flour. It is completely gluten-free and is a very good option for women living with non-celiac gluten sensitivity, wheat allergy, and celiac disease. It is packed with fiber. Research has found that consuming around 15–25 grams of coconut fiber regularly can aid in reducing the total blood triglycerides levels by up to 22 percent, LDL (bad) cholesterol by 9 percent, and blood cholesterol levels by 11 percent.
Marico Launches #OilKaNayaAvatar Campaign to Reinvent Oiling Experience for Women
May 2019: Marico Limited, a provider of consumer products and services, based in Mumbai, announced the launch of its new campaign called #OilKaNayaAvatar. The campaign is aimed at the millennials to experience the benefits and wonders of oiling in a novel manner. Marico’s newly unveiled range named ‘Parachute Advansed Coconut Crème Oil’ provides every necessary nourishment of oiling in only 30 minutes by combining coconut oil and coconut milk. Its main purpose is to rediscover oiling by efficiently integrating it into a woman’s modern, monotonous lifestyle. The company’s latest range of products consists of a pre-wash nourisher, a shampoo equipped with coconut milk, and a post-hair wash serum oil.
Lucy Bee Joins Hands with Stephenson Group to Produce Coconut Oil-based Soaps
July 2018: Lucy Bee, a natural food production company, announced that it has joined hands with Stephenson Group, a Yorkshire-based soap manufacturer to produce and sell a range of new coconut oil soaps. According to Lucy Bee, as an ingredient, coconut oil can be difficult to work with. Therefore, it is significant to ensure that the formulation is perfect. It has previously worked with the Yorkshire Soap Co., Traidcraft, and The Body Shop.
Zenith Drinks Unveils Coconut Water Infused Wellness Drinks Named Auric
October 2018: Zenith Drinks Pvt Ltd., a producer of natural beverages, unveiled its novel range of beverages called Auric. It is considered to be the world’s first anti-aging beverage. It is equipped with eight different herbs, such as Gotu kola, Brahmi, and Ashwagandha. It not only aids in enhancing the anti-inflammation capability of skin, body, and mind but also restores the balance of anti-oxidants and free radicals. Auric does not contain any preservatives or chemicals and is 100 percent natural. Moreover, it possesses low calorie and so, is healthier than fruit juice. Additionally, it uses the credibility of coconut water and Ayurveda to offer multiple health benefits to the millennials.